Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Guerlain by Emilio Pucci

I have been waiting so long for this collection and it has finally arrived. It's so awesome that only pictures could depict my excitement. 


I was only able to take home the Terra Azzurra Terracotta bronzing powder and blush ($75), the Meteorites, and the brush, but I can't wait to get the rest of the collection. I honestly am in love with it. 


An unappreciated note that I really enjoyed was opening up the boxes to the Pucci print. 


The Pearls d'Azur ($59) add just a bit of shimmer. It is surprising to think that your skin has natural bits of blue in it, but it really is a great illluminator. The brush ($43) really is the right size to move around and pick up just enough product. 


As one of the main pieces, the bronzing powder and blush is a little pricey, but the detail in the veneer finish make it worth it. It is surprisingly large and takes up my whole palm. It contains a mirror on the upper half and opens magnetically with a twist.


The embossed logo adds a nice touch as well as the Emilio Pucci pouch it comes in.



I'm not too well with the bronzer, so I prefer to use it as a blush by blending all of the colours from dark to light. In the pictures I also used the  Pearls d'Azur as an all over powder. Maitai also wanted to make an appearance. 


I actually tried to swatch the Meteorites on my hand, but it is so light it almost unnoticeable. The same goes with the lightest shade in the Terra Azzurra Terracotta. You can kind of make out the pinky nude, but I am also quite pale (even with some Xen-Tan).

Overall, I enjoy the luxuriousness of this collection. I feel that all the small details make it an worthwhile and fun to work with. It just came into the Neiman Marcus in Bellevue which means that it should be available at most others by now. The collection should also be available at most Nordstrom, Sephora, and Bloomingdale's.

No comments:

Post a Comment