Monday, June 4, 2012

Hey, Sailor! by MAC

Finally, my Hey, Sailor pieces have arrived. Unfortunately, I was sent the wrong ones (thanks, Erick), so I had to exchange a couple of pieces this morning. The collection was only released a week and a half ago but already part of it is sold out (I was really hoping to pick up Rivera Life today).


This is a good enough haul for me. I already wrote about the Highlighting Powder ($29) and the lipstick in To Catch a Sailor ($15.50) in my post here from a couple of days ago. My new additions are:

the left to right

Send Me Sailing Lipglass ($15.50)
Cut Loose Lipglass ($15.50) 
Vestral White Nail Lacquer ($17)
Au Rose Suntints SPF20 Liquid Lip Balm ($16)


I was curious to see what a white lip gloss would look like. It actually looks pretty cool on. I imagine it would have a more practical use when applied over a bright lipstick to mute it. I will have to try it out.

I also wanted to note that I added those freckles. They're not natural. Well, if I went into the sun more, they could be real. The MAC sales associate showed me how to strategically apply them, just like the model in the Hey, Sailor Ad.


My nails kept chipping so I filed them down to little nubs. This is the best I could do with a white nail polish. I had to apply three layers to finally get the colour to even out. 


He're another shot of To Catch a Sailor.


This Lipglass is so fun I just couldn't help but have some fun with it. Send Me Sailing is a really beautiful deep read. There is no shimmer to it, which is really nice, and the Lipglass has a little bit of transparency to it. I originally had no intentions of buying another red lip item, but Erick accidentally sent it rather than my intended Cut Loose. I'm glad he did though. I really like this colour. It's one of those shades of red that you still feel confident in even if you're wearing nothing else.


I'm very serious about SPF, as you can tell. I enjoyed the Suntints of MAC "Surf Baby" collection from last year. I kept my little lip balm at my register so it was always handy. There is nothing worse than trying to sell with chapped lips. Even if I don't see that much sun up here in the Evergreen State I know that my lips are protected just in case.

And now swatches


The Highlighting Powder is a little tough to swatch, but in every picture I am wearing it all over. My powder brush looks pink from it, but the it goes on very sheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment