Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Longer Days, Shorter Routine

I know my last post was about the gloomy weather in Washington, but the truth is the weather up here is more moody than gloomy. This being my first Spring, and soon to be Summer, up here I have noticed that the shift from hot days and chilly days changes at the flick of a Maitai's tail.

So, in most cases, as the days get longer my makeup routine needs to get shorter before the sun turns my face into a very hot and sticky mess. Heat and sweat do are not kind on a full face of makeup. It's during these months that my routine can be cut down to about 10 - 15 minutes. A natural look works best and besides, you don't want to lose out on an hour of fun in the sun because you were getting ready.

I still have more in my lineup than most, but I have cut out the major mess maker, my foundation. It is common to switch over from foundation to a tinted moisturizer, but I am still on the hunt for the best one that won't look too gooey on my face. I'm thinking the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer will be my next target, since I have heard great things.


For now, this is what I've got...

1. NARS Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF30 PA+++ ($32)
2. NARS Illuminator in Oragasm (This one a GWP, but a big one is $30)
3. Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in Porcelain ($23)
4. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in #1 ($22)
5. Benefit Brow Zings in Medium ($30)
6. NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Nabucco ($27)
7. Bobbi Brown Simmer Wash Eye Shadow in Chocolate ($21)
8. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze ($39)
9. Guerlain Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder ($75)
10. Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara ($28)
11. MAC Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm in Au Rose ($16)
12. NARS Body Glow ($59)

It's important to protect with SPF and I like that I've got that covered with my primer. I know I should use a sunscreen alone, but bad habits die hard. I use the Illuminator to set a base for a tanner look, but before that I have to conceal as many spots and blotches as I can find! Then brows because I'm so self conscience without them. I know we're all supposed to cut back on the liquid liners in the summer time but I still like using my Stylo or my YSL Shocking eyeliner for precision. To make it look a little more natural I pat a little eyeshadow over them. Next, bronzer and I like using the Guerlain Bronzing powder on my cheeks as a blush. I go light on the mascara and then use a good lip balm with SPF. I really like the Suntints from MAC's Hey, Sailor! collection because it's handy and the packaging is pretty.

NARS Body Glow is a bit of a splurge at $59, but it give a really amazing glow all over and smells amazing, like when I used to visit Mexico as a kid. I love it.



Simple and mostly natural.


This picture is not from today, but my summer routine came in handy getting ready for work today. Thanks to the Washington DOL I was running pretty late today.

No comments:

Post a Comment