Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Only a Half Posting (Let's Add Some Colour!)

Today The Mr. and I went to the Northwest Trek just outside Eatonville, Washington. This was nothing that I needed to look nice for, but since it was such a nice day, I thought I would add a little colour to my makeup routine.



I've have the Dior Eye Show (now discontinued) in Pop Aquadelic lying around, so I thought I would give it a chance. It's kind of an odd texture in comparison to other eyeshadows. It is almost spongey when I poked at it with my brush. I wonder why it was discontinued. Anyways, moving on...

I did my normal beauty routine, but added the pop of colour to my lower lid. Instead of black liner I used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($22) in Ivy Shimmer.



I normally am rather timid with my colour, but with it being all about bright and bold this Spring and Summer it doesn't hurt to add that little pop of something extra. It definitely does not hurt to play around with some brightness until you feel comfortable with it.


On a completely separate note, yesterday was some major house cleaning. One of my many accomplishments for the day included going through all my old nail polish colours and picking out the ones that I probably won't wear ago. I'm so proud that I narrowed it down so much. All of these will go to a good home amongst my little sister and my mum. They seem pretty excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment